NOTES AFTER WATCHING THE BLACK SWAN
- So these are the kinds of roles Winona Ryder is getting these days!
- When he’s not boinking Monica Bellucci in real life, he’s seducing Natalie Portman on celluloid. Vincent Cassel: Luckiest Man Alive.
- Note to self: Never go near a nail file once the first signs of Multiple Personality Disorder start kicking in – unless I’m auditioning for the role of Joker in Batman: 2020.
- Mila Kunis is hot!
- Was half-expecting the Mila Kunis character to introduce herself as Tyler Durden.
- Do swans have red eyes? Or is acute conjunctivitis a symptom of psychosis?
- It’s very easy to creep into a hospital in the middle of the night. Yes. Even in the USA. And all that terrorist scare.
- Natalie Portman deserves all the Best Actress Awards she received – in our galaxy and in the one “far, far away.”
- Is it possible to watch the movie and not think of Fight Club?
- Really, Mila Kunis is hot.
Number of times Bacolod Spice commented on Ms Portman’s character, “Ka gaga man na sang character niya man.” – Two
Number of times Bacolod Spice turned his head from his PC long enough to comment, “Gwapa gid ya kay Mila Kunis ah.” – Five
Number of times Bacolod Spice emerged from his stupor long enough to say, “Ginago na gid na ya kung mag transform siya into a real swan, parehas sa The Fly (ni Jeff Goldblum).” – Three
Bacolod Spice’s (Snarky) Last Words on The Black Swan: “The alternative title should be, ‘Sup-ay’. Wala siya abi pirmi ga-kaon.”
Negros Sugar’s Last Words on The Black Swan: “Why is it that Katsumoto (from The Last Samurai) and Nina Sayers have the same last words?”
A COMPARISON OF BLACK SWAN AND REQUIEM FOR A DREAM (both films were directed by Aranofsky)
- A story about a dancer’s descent to madness because of her obsession to dancing
- A character nearly loses a leg
- One of the characters is obsessed with getting THE big role in the stage
- One of main characters gets attacked by her doppelganger, but it’s all in her mind
- One of the characters has a weight problem, and audience sees lots of shots showing her looking in disgust at her eaten-and-regurgitated meal in the toilet
- Movie ends with main character revelling in applause and adulation heaped by a raving audience chanting her name.
REQUIEM FOR A DREAM
- A story of a group of junkies’ descent to madness because of their addiction to drugs
- A character REALLY loses an arm
- One of main characters is obsessed with getting a role in a TV show
- One of the main character gets attacked by a refrigerator but it’s all in her mind
- One of the main characters has a weight problem, and we see lots of shots showing her looking with longing at all the uneaten food in her refrigerator
- Movie ends with one of main characters revelling in applause and adulation heaped by a raving audience chanting her name – but it is all in her mind.