NOTES ON THOR
2. When Mjolnir finally found his old master, I was half expecting the Thunder God to shout, “By the Power of Grey Skull!”
3. Colm Feore’s Frost Giant looks disconcertingly like the Wishmaster. Which made me think of horror movies that suck. Which made me realize the last Saw instalment should not have been made at all.
4. I love the costumes of the actors, but I was kind of wishing that Thor’s winged helmet would make an appearance.
5. Kenneth Branagh + Anthony Hopkins + Stellan Skarsgard + Idris Elba. Power house casting with Shakespearean magnitude. Instead we get a comic book fantasy that would answer every nerd’s wet dream. It’s like Andrew Lloyd Webber being asked to judge a third-rate musical contest. Oh… wait, he has already done that!
6. Chris Hemsworth is hot! Get me the water the Aussies are drinking, quick!
7. “Uh . . . we got Xena, Robin Hood, and Jet Li coming through.” Priceless! I nearly choked on my burrito! (Actually, I was eating air-filled pan de sal, but burrito sounds better!)
8. I don’t think Anthony Hopkins was informed that Odin was also comic book character. Otherwise, he wouldn’t be slumming in this movie.
9. Natalie Portman is good, but after the Oscar win, she should star in BETTER movies.
10. Thor is white and wears a mullet. Is there a racial subtext I’m missing here?
Number of times Bacolod Spice (yes, HIM) removed his eyes from the PC monitor to comment, “Ka hot gid ya kay Chris Hemsworth ah.” – Five
Number of times Bacolod Spice commented, “Kun wala ka upisyuhon gale, mangita ka lang giyera no?” – One