Yasmin is back. She’s furious in the kitchen cooking for her family and taking care to write down the recipe and taking photos of the finished product before she serves it.
She graces the blog once again this weekend.
For those who want to stay away from meats, this veggie dish is truly great for you.
¼ cup butter or 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 medium-sized bell peppers (red and green)
3 cloves of garlic minced
2 medium-sized onions chopped
1 large sayote
2 medium-sized carrots cut diagonally
Chinese pechay or a large-sized cabbage
Medium-sized young corn
Baguio beans cut diagonally
¼ kilo chicken breasts (deboned, skinless) should be ¼ inch thick
1 tsp soy sauce
1 medium-sized cauliflower
15 pieces quail eggs (hard boiled)
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Add garlic and sautee until golden brown.
3. Add the chopped onions and continue sautéing until the onions become transparent.
4. Then add the bell peppers and chicken.
5. Cover the pan and let the chicken simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Afterwhich, sautee the chicken until cooked.
7. Pour a little amount of water, put the carrots on top of the chicken and cover. Leave for another 5mins.
8. Add the remaining vegetables, add pepper, and celery powder. Continue sautéing but do not overcook the vegetables.
9. Once cooked, put in a dish bowl and garnish with quail eggs before serving hot.
10. Serves 4 to 5 people
Note: For those who are in a low carb or no carb diet, you may omit the carrots and young corn. Those cutting down on cholesterol and fat, replace butter with extra virgin olive oil or canola oil.
Manamit nga pag-kaon!